Print this Page

Consular Section

CONSULAR SECTION (Visas, Passports, etc)

This Section contains Information about various Consular services offered by the Mission.



Evisas for Kenya can only be applied for on the official government website


The websites and are NOTaffiliated with the Kenyan government in any way. DO NOT APPLY FOR AN EVISA THROUGH THESE WEBSITES!!!


With effect from 1st February 2016, children under the age of 16 years accompanying their parents to Kenya are exempted from paying visa fees. Do not submit an application or make any visa fees payment for a child under the age of 16 years.


The Consular section is open to the public on Mondays to Fridays, from 10.00 hrs to 13.00hrs.

Visitors bringing applications, picking up passports, seeking over-the-counter services as well as all telephone inquiries on applications and other consular matters on the remaining weekdays will only be attended to until 13.00 hrs.


All application inquiries should be directed to the following email addresses

Evisa inquiries:

General visa inquiries:

All other applications:


Payments made into the given Embassy accounts are non-refundable. Applicants are therefore advised to ensure that all application requirements are met and ample processing time considered before transferring the required fees.

All fees for visas, certificates and other services should be paid in form of cash at the Embassy and not in cheque or money order.

The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in France is the ONLY legally recognized provider of ALL payable Consular services in France. 

Permanent link to this article:




Declaration of Dual Citizenship
Regain Citizenship

View page »

Diaspora Online Registration

View page »

General Services

Consular Services Offered By The Mission

Processing of applications for new Kenya passports, renewals and issuance of Emergency Travel documents and Certificates of Identity.
Processing of applications for Certificates of Good Conduct and Certificates of No impediment to Marriage.
Repatriation of Kenyans in distress.
Registration of births and deaths of Kenyans in the region.
Issuing of Licences for Importation of pets to Kenya, on behalf of […]

View page »

Les ressortissants étrangers ayant l’intention de célébrer un mariage au Kenya

Foreign nationals intending to conduct a marriage in Kenya need to have the following documents:

Birth Certificates
Valid Passports
Decree Absolutes (if divorced)
Death Certificate (If widowed)
Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a solicitor’s/Notary’s Office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry. This should bear the solicitor’s signature and Official stamp.
Parental consent in form of a […]

View page »

Canine/ Feline Import Licence For Dogs And Cats

Those wishing to travel with their cats or dogs must obtain an importation licence from the Embassy before travel. This should be done at least six days before the date of arrival of the animal in Kenya.

Documents required are;

Passport of the animal
An anti-rabbis Vaccination Certificate
A medical certificate from the veterinary dating less than 6 days […]

View page »

Filming and Drones in Kenya

Those wishing to do some Filming in Kenya should contact the department of Film Services for film licences and formalities of importation of filming material into Kenya.

Department of Film Services

Ministry of Information and Communications,

Mwambere Road, South B,

P.O. Box 74934-00200,

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: +254-20-650120/1/2 or 650501

Fax: +254-20-553003



The Permanent Secretary

Ministry of Information

& Broadcasting

PO Box 30025



Tel: 00254 2 217475/228411/222073

Ext: […]

View page »

Foreign Nationals Intending to work, do volunteer work or internship/training in Kenya

All foreign personnel coming to work in Kenya must have an entry permit, also referred to as “work permit”. A foreigner worker’s dependants (spouse and family) require dependants’ passes. In both cases, application has to be made to the Director of Immigration services in Kenya.

Non-citizens also require Aliens Registration certificates and should obtain re-entry passes […]

View page »

Permanent Residency in Kenya

Foreign Nationals wishing to settle in Kenya should contact directly the Department of Immigration. This Department will give them information on the different types of Residence Permits, application requirements, the processing procedures and duration.

Department of Immigration

P.O. Box 30191-00100

Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: +254-20-222-022

Fax: +254-20-220-731

Web Site:

View page »

Registration of Kenyans living in France and Portugal

It is important to register with the Mission so that in case of any event or emergency, a Kenyan can be reached in good time.

Help us also build our Kenyans in the Diaspora data base by registering with the Mission as soon as you arrive in France or Portugal. Contact the Mission to get your […]

View page »

Renunciation of Kenyan Citizenship

The Kenya Passport must be surrendered to the Mission.

The following documents are to be submitted to the Mission:

Application form duly filled
Current Kenya Passport
25 euros in cash if the application is brought to the Mission or by postal money order (payable to Kenya Embassy Paris) if the application is sent by mail.
Clearly indicate IN FULL, your residential […]

View page »

Transporting the body of a deceased Kenyan Home

Authority must be obtained from The Mission prior to conveyance. This is a letter of no objection for the transport of the remains to Kenya.

For the authority to be granted, the following documents need to be produced:

Kenyan Passport of the deceased.
Birth Certificate of the deceased
Death certificate issued by the Town council
A Certificate of non-contagious disease […]

View page »

Vaccinations and other health requirements

There is no mandatory health requirement for visitors wishing to travel to Kenya, however, yellow fever vaccination and an anti-malarial treatment is recommended.


The Embassy wishes to inform travelers who come from or transit through countries with risk of Yellow Fever that they will have to produce a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate […]

View page »

(Français) Film Permits

Sorry, this entry is only available in French.

View page »


Visa fees are waived for children 16 years accompanying their parents. However, children with passports from countries falling under the referred list or travel documents should apply for a visa.
Application for visas can be done either at:

The embassy
At the port of entry (airport and border points)
Online –

Notice The website is NOT affiliated with the Kenyan government in […]

View page »


We advise all applicants whose passports are valid for more than 6 months or who are travelling to Kenya soon to apply for the 10-year ePassport in Kenya.
Applicants who wish to be issued the 10-year ePassport passports must go through eCitizen and also travel to present the ePassport documents […]

View page »


Application for a Certificate of no Impediment to Marriage ShowThe following documents are required:

Application form N° 7 duly filled
Copy of Birth Certificate
Copy of Kenya Passport
Proof of legal stay in country of residence (residence permit)
Copy of the intended spouse’s passport
110 euros in cash if the applicant comes to the Embassy or by postal money order (payable […]

View page »

Other Services

Canine/ Feline Import Licence For Dogs And Cats

Vaccinations and other health requirements

Foreign Nationals Intending to Conduct a Marriage in Kenya

Foreign Nationals Intending to work, do volunteer work or internship/training in Kenya

Permanent Residency in Kenya

Filming and Drones in Kenya

Registration of Kenyans living in France and Portugal

Renunciation of Kenyan Citizenship

Transporting the body of a deceased Kenyan Home

View page »