VACANCY FOR THE POST OF AMBASSADOR’S CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Ambassador’s Confidential Secretary/Administrative Assistant at the Office of the Kenya Permanent Delegation to UNESCO.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant training or qualification: minimum first degree or Diploma in Secretarial/Administration from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing and database management and required typing speed.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, business principles.
- Proven experience of producing professional correspondence and documents.
- Proven experience in information and communication management.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and French is required. Knowledge of Swahili is desirable.
Summary of key Functions:
- Serve as Ambassador’s Personal and Confidential Secretary,
- Prepare and manage correspondence, handle incoming mail and other material,
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences and travel arrangements,
- Maintain office systems ,schedules, calendars and arrange and confirm appointments
- Organize internal and external events as requested,
- Set up and maintain filing systems and work procedures and databases,
- Respond to face to face and telephone enquiries,
- Liaise with internal and external contacts in a professional manner,
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally,
- Operate office equipment and manage the office space,
- Handle supervisory duties as assigned.
- Team player, interpersonal skills, initiative, reliability and stress tolerance,
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills,
- Attention to detail, planning & organizing and time management,
- Confidential and trustworthy,
- visitors-service orientation and acceptability to take varied assignments,
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful feedback and advice to others,
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude,
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Salary: An attractive salary package will be offered to the qualified candidate.
Applications including a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post, with CVs together with e-mail addresses or day-time telephone contacts should be emailed to: email@example.com or sent by post to: Kenya Permanent Delegation to UNESCO, 1, rue Miolis, 75732, Paris Cedex 15, to reach this office on or before 17th June 2011.